Sunday 24 May 2015

Day #6 - 'Work hours are non-existent' - Live life through my eyes: The open diary of a chronic illness champion

it's nights like this i am reminded that i run my own business. I know it's 12:30am on a saturday night. I should be asleep or enjoying the weekend, but i'm doing work on my laptop instead, and i don't mean blogging, I don't consider blogging as work.

The difficulty with having a chronic illness is timing. I should've done all my work this afternoon but i was out all morning and absolutely exhausted by the time 2pm rolled around. My eyelids were shutting on me so i took a 3 hour nap.

Most people can say, i'll work 5 days a week, 9am til 5pm,  and then i can enjoy my evenings and weekends. But with an illness it's extremely hard to have a routine. You can plan your week but then you have a bad day or a flare up and it puts the whole week out of sync. So you take what opportunity you can.. even if that be after midnight on a Saturday.

Otherwise today was fairly successful. I didn't do anything too crazy today as i know i'll be busy all day tomorrow. Literally i'll be up at 8am and i won't be able to chill until midnight. A lot of it is social events but i discovered recently that i'm something called an introvert. Basically it's a great way of explaining how much social events drain me and are a challenge for me. So tomorrow will be a challenge but i've got some great friends who really get me and understand me.

Right, I'm going to keep it short and sweet. I've got half and hour more of work to do then i'm gonna pray i get to sleep straight away... big day tomorrow :)

Much Love, Beth xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment