Thursday 1 January 2015

Chai matcha latte // teapigs matcha challenge

The teapigs matcha challenge couldn't have come at a better time, I woke up this morning to a swollen throat and an inability to swallow... Meh!

So I'm taking a challenge to have teapigs matcha powder in some form for two weeks and see how I feel at the end of it. I'll be doing a review post at the end of the two weeks but for now I'll be bringing you all the recipes I make along the way.

The first is a chai inspired matcha green latte, this was so yummy!!! 



So here's what you need: 
• 1/2 tsp teapigs matcha powder
• 1/2 tsp cinnamon 
• 1/4 tsp nutmeg 
• 1/2 tsp brown sugar
• 200ml milk (any kind) 
• add 50-100ml water if you want 

Personally I prefer to heat this on the hob. So I put all the ingredients into a pan and heat to a boil. Keep stirring it, Once it boils turn down the heat a little and keep it simmering for a few minutes. 

Then fill a mug 1/3 full with the mixture and use a electric whisk to froth up the milk. Then add the rest of the milk into your mug. Top with a sprinkle of cinnamon and brown sugar. 



It tasted so good! Different to any other drink or latte I've made before but a great way to have my daily green tea :) 

I hope this inspires you and if you're doing the matcha challenge too then be sure to say hey to me in the comments or over on Twitter! 

Here's where you can get your hands on some teapigs matcha powder: 

Much love, Beth xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment